Following individuals are except from requiring a Labour Market Opinion:
Workers covered under international agreements
- For example The Canada-United-States-Mexico-Agreement (CUSMA) work permits. This allows the professionals, entrepreneurs and investors to obtain work permits without a labor market opinion.
Legal partners and children or dependants of Foreign Workers holding a Canadian work permit.
- This is not applicable for the spouses of working holiday visa holders.
- When internship or work placement is a part of the educational program, the students need not to get a labor market opinion.
PhD students pursuing a post-doctoral fellowship
- Students who are pursuing a post-doctoral fellowship program at an institution in Canada. Exception is not applicable for the individuals who were granted a PhD from a Canadian university.
- International professionals working with the branches of a Canadian company and want to come to Canada in a managerial position do not need a labor market opinion.
- International individuals who work for religious institutions or charitable organizations.
French-speaking skilled Workers
- For the international students who are French speakers and skilled workers with specialization and having a valid job offer in a province or somewhere outside Quebec are exempted from requiring LMIA.
It works on certain circumstances and depends on the discretion of the government body of immigration.
- Recognized federal program’s sponsored Academicians
- Medical residents and fellows
Note: It is important to note that being exempted from the LMIA requirement doesn’t mean that the international individual is exempt from a work permit. You still need to obtain a work permit to legally work in Canada.
ECC Visa – Canada’s Most Trusted Immigration Consultancy!
ECC Visa has been renowned as one of the most trusted and recommended names when it comes to Canada work permit and LMIA exempt work permit consulting services. Our team consists of highly specialized and trained professionals with relevant industry experience. Our services include:
- Complete visa application support
- Collection of supporting documentation
- Visa Interview Preparation
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Job search assistance if required
Connect with our immigration experts at ECC Visa to know more about LMIA exempt work permit for trusted and professional legal support by the industry leaders.